Our pets are clueless when it comes to the holidays, nor do they care about our need to ring in the New Year! Try some of my tech tips and start you and your pet’s New Year right.
- Check your local listings for announcements about Fireworks displays and New Year’s celebrations. (Reno/Tahoe) (Carson City)
- Keep pets in a safe, secure place inside during outdoor festivities. Be sure doors and windows are secured. Turn on the TV or Radio.
- Be sure they have current identification tags and that their microchip information is updated.
- When hosting or attending parties, keep pets at a safe distance and in a secure place. Festive noise makers, loud, laughing friends or unfamiliar faces could spook your pet.
- Keep toxic foods out of paws’ reach. Goodies like chocolate, raisin laden fruit cake, rich, fatty foods, meat bones, and alcohol could be fatal.
- Schedule a visit to your veterinarian for special medications to help with anxiety or noise aversion.
- Take them to a cozy boarding facility with fully enclosed kennels if you’re going to be out-of-town.
- Hire a pet sitter or friend to stay home with your pets, if you can’t be there with them to celebrate.
- Find a dog friendly celebration and bring Fido along!
- Watch Ryan Seacrest rock in the New Year in Times Square together.
By keeping your pets safe this New Year’s Eve, 2017 is sure to unveil a year full of playing and hiking, catnip and cookies…pet friendly cookies that is!
What will you be doing to this NYE to start it off PURR-FECTLY?