It’s hot! And I know your hounds have a hankering for a tasty summer treat! We all know there’s a million amazing frozen dog treat recipes online. But that’s not what this post is about. It’s about these two and their favorite frozen fun!
Godiva and Ruby love a Kong Classic rubber toy full of frozen goodness!
G & R’s PBB Stuffed Kong
- Blend in a food processor or blender.
- ¼ c Adams Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ banana
- ¼ water or broth of your choice – Godiva is allergic to chicken, so I just use water.
- Combine in a separate bowl.
- Blended ingredients
- Up to ¼ cup dry kibble
- Stuff contents into a Kong toy. Choose the appropriate size and strength for you dog.
- Place in the freezer until completely frozen. I like to let them freeze overnight
- Once frozen…let you dogs enjoy!
- Substitute different veggies for the banana; boost fiber and decrease calories!
- When giving calorie dense treat, adjust daily caloric intake by reducing regular dog food that day.
- If your dog has a history of stomach sensitivities or pancreatitis. Eliminate or minimized the peanut butter by just coating the inside of the Kong.
- Soak Kong Toys in beef, chicken or vegetable stock for a quick tasty low calorie treat! Freeze for a cool summertime treat!
So, get creative! You’re dogs will love you for it! Try it out and let me know how much your dogs loved this delightful treat. Comment and share your dogs favorite combos here!